Functional safety - SIL
In installations representing a considerable potential risk for humans and the environment, the demand is steadily increasing for the installation of safety systems which put and maintain such installations in a safe state at all times. These systems are designed in compliance with the international standards on functional safety such as IEC 61508, IEC 61511, and ISO 13849.
AUMA actuators are frequently used in safety critical applications and therefore contribute to safe operation of technical systems. AUMA offers a large portfolio of products tested according to the applicable standards and which are suitable for different safety requirements.
AC-SIL and ACExC-SIL actuator controls
AC 01.2 or ACExC 01.2 actuator controls in SIL version have been designed to satisfy highest safety requirements. They include an additional SIL module for executing the safety function.
SA .2 and SQ .2 actuators equipped with these actuator controls have been certified by TÜV Nord. They are suitable for the following safety functions:
- Safe OPENING/CLOSING (ESD) up to SIL 2 (single-channel system) or SIL 3 (redundant system) according to IEC 61508 Ed. 2
- Safe STOP up to SIL 2 (single-channel system according to IEC 61508 Ed. 2
- Safe end position feedback up to SIL 2 according to IEC 61508 Ed. 2 or up to PL c according to ISO 13849 (not integral part of the certificate. A separate declaration of incorporation is available)
FQM-SIL and FQMEx-SIL fail safe units
A frequent requirement is the availability of the safety function even in case of power failure at the process plant.
With the FQM fail safe unit, AUMA offers safe actuation solutions for opening or closing valves in case of emergencies even without power supply. The torque required in an emergency is provided via the energy mechanically stored in a constant force spring. The innovative constant force spring motor offers considerable advantages compared to conventional solutions.
The FQM fail safe unit in SIL version is exida certified. The unit is suitable for the following safety functions:
- Safe OPENING/CLOSING (ESD) without external power supply up to SIL 2 (single-channel system) or SIL 3 (redundant system) according to IEC 61508 Ed. 2
- Safe end position feedback up to SIL 2 according to IEC 61508 Ed .2 or up to PL c according to ISO 13849
AUMA products in SFC version
For medium to low safety requirements, AUMA additionally offers actuators, actuator controls and gearboxes in selected configurations in SFC version (Safety Figure Calculated) In cooperation with exida, AUMA has performed a hardware assessment and determined safety figures on the basis of field experience and/or generic data. Products for the safety function Safe operation in direction OPEN/CLOSE, Safe standstill and Safe end position feedback up to SIL or SIL 2 are available.
Documents17 documents are found!
Spare parts list